The OCFO was in the process of modernizing the Department’s existing systems, through a financial system modernization initiative and chose to implement a SAP solution.
This system had to interface with the procurement system and so a number of complex interfaces, business rules and business processes had to change. This was a multi-year effort that required coordination amongst multiple contractor teams, OCFO, CAO, and Agencies, affecting thousands of users.
Approach & Results
- Developed a Program Management Plan
- Developed a master schedule for all work streams: Requirements and Releases, Infrastructure, Security, Customer Care, and Business Office
- Developed a phased approach to implementing the solution for each Agency
- Planned, coordinated, and conducted User Acceptance Testing
- Coordinated status meetings
- Developed and implemented a Risk Management Plan
- Coordinated meetings with Accenture, OCFO, Agencies, and other stakeholders to address progress, issues, data migration, and organizational change management
- Conducted user awareness meetings and developed training material
- Conducted release readiness meetings
- On-time delivery of interfaces
- No spikes in help-desk calls after new releases
- No disruption to mission critical year end activities
- Long awaited user enhancements were deployed and customer satisfaction increased