The CEO of a training company needed to change the sales and business development strategy from one focused on small to mid sized business opportunities (i.e., less than $1M) to focusing on large dollar prime contracts ($1M – $20M) as well as large multi-vendor contracts ( $1B+).
Approach & Results
- Consulted with business executives to assess areas of concern and understand current approach
- Developed and implemented a plan to orchestrate a cultural change
- Developed strategies to drive large dollar sales, such as alliances and partnerships, and changed the overall pursuit strategy
- Developed and delivered training to address the use of new tools, e.g., CRM, and approaches
- Researched and developed pipeline management approaches
- Configured, implemented, and utilized CRM Software for account management, pipeline management, and reporting.
- Successfully won several multi-million dollar contracts
- Gained greater recognition from other well established prime contractors, who routinely partnered with the company to secure new business opportunities
- Introduced new service lines that capitalized on core competencies in non-traditional ways, e.g., using acquisition SMEs for assessments instead of only training